Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kentucky Sour

This is a new version of an older style cocktail, a Whiskey Sour.  Let me first express my love for all things Whiskey.  I can not think of one drink that was made with Whiskey that I did not like.  Having said that, this is not really made with Whiskey.  It is made with Evan Williams Honey Reserve, Kentucky Liqueur. Thus the name. 
I have wanted to try this liquor for a while, but honestly, I was afraid that it would be too sweet and I would have wasted the money.  But today is a new day.  When I tasted it, straight up, it was sweeter than I expected, however, it was delicious and  not to sweet to use as a mixer. The Honey Reserve has a definite honey undertone and is a nice compliment to the citrus in this drink.

Ice
4 Tablespoons of Evan Williams Honey Reserve Kentucky Liqueur
2 Tablespoons of Triple Sec
1 Tablespoon of fresh Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon of fresh Lemon Juice
Seltzer Water
Crushed Ice

Place ice in, Honey Reserve Kentucky Liqueur, Triple Sec, and juices in a shaker; shake well. Strain into a 12 ounce glass filled with crushed ice.  Top with seltzer water.

Enjoy!

Deloris

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try the Kentucky Sour on a hot Portland day. I sounds refreshing. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very refreshing. I hope that you have a lot of sunny days in Portland, this year :)

    ReplyDelete