Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crazy, Brown Tomatoes~Yummy and Unique

I just had to share these crazy, brown tomatoes.  I do not know how the seeds arrived to produce these little tomatoes (you can visit Kumato.com, for more answers) but these are so unique that you have to try at least one package.  The seeds are NOT genetically engineered, just the result of traditional breeding methods.  But the color is not the unique part.  Many heirloom tomatoes have unusual coloring.  The uniqueness is the flavor.  In the background of the photograph is some fresh basil that I purchased while buying the tomatoes.  While slicing the tomatoes, I tasted a piece and it was like eating tomato and basil, together.  Immediately, I thought it was the basil on my hands or the knife but that was not the case.  I washed my hands, again, then the knife, removed the basil and started over on a clean cutting board.  The result was the same.  Even after the basil was gone, the tomatoes still had that flavor.  So if you like tomatoes and basil together, you have to try these Kumatos.  I purchased these at HEB and the package contained five tomatoes.  These little gems are pricey but certainly worth it for a celebration meal. (Christmas Dinner).  I hope that you leave room in your grocery budget to try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment