Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake, Very Easy!


I can not take credit for the concept of this cake.  I saw it on my Facebook page and I had the ingredients so it seem like a good recipe for me to overhaul.  The reason for the overhaul, and not by much, is because the original recipe called for 2 ingredients; cake mix and a can of pumpkin.  As many of you realize, pumpkin is not very high on my list of things to consume.  I do like it but pumpkin is fairly bland needs more than a cake mix to jazz it up.  I wanted to keep the recipe true to original post but make it worth its time and ingredients.   So I added Pumpkin Pie Spice.



Pumpkin Pie Spice Cake

1 box of Butter Cake Mix
1 15 oz can of Pumpkin,
1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Preheat oven to 375 and coat an 8"X8" oven proof baking dish with Baker's Joy or similar flour spray.

Combine ingredients.  Pour in prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.

I topped my version with a powder sugar glaze.  But you may want to serve the glaze on the side.  I think it made the cake too sweet.

Powder Sugar Glaze

2 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon melted Butter
3 Tablespoons of Milk
1 teaspoon of Vanilla, more if you like

Combine all ingredients.  Top cake or serve on the side.

Yum!

Enjoy!

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment