Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Very Easy Monkey Bread (Monkey Balls)

 Wow, it has been months since I posted anything.  I have been so busy with school and work.  But here is a very easy and yummy treat.  I made this one evening for breakfast and it never made to breakfast.
I must share a funny story about this.  When my kids were little, I made this from scratch.  They decided one day to call this Monkey Balls.  No matter how much I tried to dissuade them from saying that, they continued.  It was not like they had not had Monkey Bread, elsewhere.  They just decided to name mine with their own special thoughtful kid-name,  and to this day, when I make this amended version, they both walk in and ask, "Did you make Monkey Balls?".


Thaw the dough pieces until they are soft enough to cut into three pieces.  Or, you can use Parker house Roll dough, which is smaller and does not require this step.  Feel free to use any brand of frozen yeast rolls that you like.  I have Rhodes brand pictured here, but I use other brands, as well. Preheat your oven according to the directions on the back of the package of rolls.  I say this, because different brands have different temperatures and bake times.
Once you have the pieces in the correct size, pour some brown sugar into a bowl.  Melt some butter in another bowl...
 First, roll the dough pieces in the melted butter...
 Then, roll in the brown sugar...

 Keep going, layering pieces in a 12 cup bundt pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Once you are finished, pour any left over butter and brown sugar over the top...
 Cover and let the dough rise...
Bake according to package directions...
Turn out onto a plate and let it COOL! Then enjoy!

I hope you have a day filled sweetness.

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment