Saturday, May 12, 2012

Japanese Slipper

Chris is officially the mixologist.  He made these wonderful concoctions for us to try.  Some are classic drinks and some have a twist to them.  This is the first four.  From left to right~Salty Dog, Blue Lagoon, Great Barrier Reef, and Japanese Slipper.  I would like to say that I had a favorite, but all were delicious and each was distinctive.  Salty Dogs have been a go-to for me for years, but the other three were a new treat. 

I  am starting with the Japanese Slipper.  I was concerned that I would not like it.  Silly me!  It makes a beautiful drink that tastes as good as it looks.


Japanese Slipper

2 Tablespoons of Midori
2 Tablespoons of Cointreau
4 Tablespoons of Lemonade
ice

Place some ice in a champagne saucer to chill the glass and set aside.  Combine ice, Midori, Cointreau, and lemonade in a cocktail shaker; shake well.  Discard the ice in the glass.  Strain cocktail into well chilled champagne saucer.

Enjoy!

Chris and Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment