Sunday, May 13, 2012

Brown Sugar Blondies


Happy Mother's Day, Y'all.  I have been craving Blondies and thought this would be a great addition to a brunch.  Chris kept asking me if these were the Chess Squares that I made when he was little.  I told him, repeatedly, "No". I love Chess Squares but , as a child, he got tired of them because I made them every time there was a potluck or social that required me to take food.  That is still my go-to recipe for that type of function, but these are not those.
The craving for these went on for weeks. I even attempted some for a friend's birthday.  That recipe started out bad and went to worse.  I finally put them out of their misery when I accidentally set my giant purse on the Blondies, while getting in the car.  That was in March.

Now it is May and I still have a hankering for Brown Sugar Blondies. On this lovely, hot Texas afternoon, I could no longer bear the thought of not making Blondies.  The problems with the first recipe had gnawed at me for 2 months.   I have a difficult time when things do not work out the way that I planned, so here is my new recipe.  I hope that you like it and do not set a 50 pound purse on top of them ~~~~~~

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2 sticks of softened Butter+2 Tablespoons
2 1/3 cups of Flour
2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons of Salt
2 cups of Brown Sugar, packed
3 large Eggs
1 teaspoon of Adams Best Vanilla
Powdered Sugar for dusting

Grease a 13" X 9" oven proof pan and line with parchment or foil.  Grease the parchment or foil.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, into a bowl. Set aside.
Beat butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl on medium until creamed and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, beat until combined, scraping sides, occasionally.
Add flour mixture and beat on low until flour is incorporated into the butter mixture.
Spread into prepared pan. The batter will be stiff. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes and golden brown. Insert a cake tester into the Blondies.  Avoid inserting on the edges or the center of the pan.  There should be a few crumbs on the cake tester. Let cool completely before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment