Saturday, March 24, 2012

European Style Sangria

This is a repeat of my first post.  It is a wonderful Sangria.  I had the opportunity to visit Spain and enjoyed this tremendously.  I watched the bartenders and wine stewards make it and brought the recipe home.  I have tasted a lot of Sangria but this basic recipe is my favorite.  I hope that you have a happy Champagne Saturday! This is what my friends and I will be enjoying this lovely afternoon.

Sangria
1 cup of orange juice
0 - 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup of brandy, any brand
2 oranges
750 ml of wine, red, white, or rose', chilled
4 cups of ice, crushed or cubed

In a 2 quart pitcher, mix orange juice, sugar and brandy together. Cut one of the oranges in half and squeeze juice into pitcher.  Thoroughly wash and half the second orange and then slice each half into fourths. Add to pitcher.  Pour in entire bottle of wine into pitcher and add ice.  Stir and serve.


Enjoy !

Deloris

PS, sugar needs to be added to your taste.  If you have a dry wine,such as a Cabernet sauvignon, you will need to add more sugar than a sweet wine such as Moscato.  Start out with less sugar and add more or start out with more sugar and just add more wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment