Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jonquills and Hyacinths


These jonquils do not have a thing to do with cooking but they make me happy so I thought I would share them with you.  I bought one little plant, about 4 or 5 years ago, after the blooms had started to fade, and planted it in a woodsy area of my yard.   The intent was to have the little jonquil propagate and it did.  That one little plant spread to an area that is about 4 feet.  I would like it to appear naturalized and perhaps one day it will cover the side of the draw where the original plant was placed.


The hyacinths were growing on the property when I purchased it.  This had been an open field which was being used for grazing.  These have not propagated the way as the jonquils.  These little flowers get mowed around until the blooms fade but it may be the soil. 
Notice the bee.  There were two of the little critters buzzing around the hyacinths, but I was only able to photograph one.

Here are the rest of my photos!


















Some one gave me this little quote, once, when I was really struggling.  I do not know who it is attributed to, but it fits my little flowers.

Bloom where you are planted!

I hope you have a great day!

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment