Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Road Trip~To THE SUGAR FACTORY

Oh my gosh! I had so much fun at The Sugar Factory.  If you think you will be getting candy or cake recipes, you will be wrong, my friends.  But think of it this way, Jewelry does not rot your teeth. And come to think of it, can a girl ever have TOO MUCH jewelry? I don't think so.
The studio is owned by "Sugar", aka, Gay Isber and she was so kind to let me prowl and paw through all of her beads and custom made statement pieces.  Her clientele range from Royals to Rockers and just plain folks like me. On the day that I visited, she was trying to get ready for a photo shoot in California.  She spent a lot more time with me than she had and was so sweet and gracious.
One of the many cool things that Gay offers is jewelry making parties.  Are you feeling a road trip, too? She also has vintage beads, (which she allowed me to touch) and provides custom services such as, Repair and Restyle, Crowns and Tiaras (I want one), classes and some of the coolest, glittery art that I have seen.
                      

Here are some of the photographs of her studio~

So many FUN pieces of Jewelry!



Lots of Statement Pieces!

Every little girl dreams of wearing a tiara, how about one
made from Feathers and turquoise? Very Cute


Or how about a Fabulous piece of Art


Or a Jewelry Party?




The Sugar Factory has lots of Glam.  I could have stayed for hours but both of us were out of time and had other places to be.  If you are in Austin, I hope that you take the time to visit. 
The Sugar Factory is located at 1800 West Koenig Lane, Austin, TX  78656. You can contact Gay at gayisber@gmail.com, on Facebook at Sugar Gay Isber-Facebook, or http://www.gayisber.com/.

I hope that you enjoyed this road trip as much as I did!

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment