Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tiramisu Bread Pudding

So I needed to bring something delicious for a pot luck Thanksgiving party and I did not want to go to the grocery store.  I know that sounds lazy and it is, so I have nothing else to say about that. Anyway, I tried all day to think about what I could make with the ingredients that I had at home.  This is what I finally decided on, Bread Pudding. But with a little something extra.  I hope you enjoy it, it really turned out yummy!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1/4 cup of espresso
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 cups of cubed Sourdough Bread
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, packed

In a small bowl, place bread cubes.  Mix together hot coffee and sugar. Pour over bread cubes and set aside.
Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Stir in brown sugar and then add bread cubes.  Stir all the mixture and pour into an 8" square baking dish.  Place dish in larger shallow pan on oven rack and pour hot water into larger dish, about 1 " deep.  This makes a water bath that helps the pudding cook more evenly.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. 
Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!

Deloris

No comments:

Post a Comment