Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Afternoon Coffee

If you follow me on facebook, then you will know what prompted this post.  WholeLatteLove.com posted a recipe for tiramisu latte by Christina Byard and it sounded so scrumptious that I had to head on over to my espresso machine.  This is not the recipe that was posted, but I bet it is just as delicious! It has cardamon, in addition to cinnamon and vanilla.

4 shots of Espresso made with coffee beans ground with a cinnamon stick and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamon
3 shots of Steamed Whole Milk
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
2 Tablespoons of Brandy, divided, if desired
extra Cardamon for garnish

I did the same thing that Christina did.  I ground a cinnamon stick with the beans but I added 1/4 teaspoon of cardamon.  I made the espresso with that.
When I steamed the milk, I added the vanilla before steaming.
If you want a little exta, add 1 Tablespoon of Brandy to the cup.  I did not put it in the milk because not everyone wants alcohol in their afternoon coffee.  Can you believe that?
Divide coffee and steamed milk between 2 cups, dust with ground Cardamon and

Enjoy!

Deloris

Printable Recipe: https://sites.google.com/site/basilandrosemarys/afternoon-coffe

No comments:

Post a Comment